Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Last Night

Here I sit writing my last post as chapter president while listening to a mixture of Israeli music and 90s music. I can't believe this is it my last few hours left as chapter president not a lot left to do. Just double check the files for the next president. Write a letter to them. And then its over done. This "chapter" in my life is closing(like the pun?). Two years over. I feel like I have accomplished so much and yet nothing at all, it is a weird feeling. I have laid out a lot of ground work for the next president which is good, but I feel that I did not do enough in the present because I was so focused on preparing the chapter for the future. Only time will tell if I made the right decision I really hope I did.

So its time to let my chapter stand on it's own feet. I don't even know if that is a metaphor that applies here but I will make it because my chapter is my baby. So in the spirit of that I think this is an appropriate song for tomorrow.

Hebrew Lyrics

UF GOZAL 
Hagozalim sheli azvu et haken
parsu knafayim ve'afu
Va'ani tzipor zkena nisharti baken
mekave me'od shehakol yihe beseder
Tamid yadati sheyavo hayom
shebo tzarich lehipared
Aval achsahv ze ba li kacha pit'om
az ma hapele she'ani ktzat do'eg
Chorus:
Uf gozal chatoch et hashamyim
tus le'an sheba lecha
Rak al tishkach yesh nesher bashamyim
gur lecha
Achshav nisharnu levadenu baken
aval anachnu beyachad
Chabki oti chazak tagidi li ken
al tid'agi beyachad kef lehizdaken
Uf gozal….
Ani yode'a shekacha ze bateva
vegam ani azavti ken
Aval achshav ksheba harega az
machnik ktzat bagron
Uf gozal….

English Translation

FLY AWAY YOUNG CHICK

My chicks left the nest
spread their wings and flew away
I am an old bird left in the nest
I hope that all will be well
I always knew the day will come
to say good bye
But now when it is here
no wonder I am worried

Chorus:
Fly away chick cut the sky
Fly where ever you want to
Just don't forget there is an eagle in the sky
be aware

Now it is only us in the nest
but we are together
Hug me tight say yes
don't worry it is fun getting old together

Uf gozal….

I know it is the way of nature
I left a nest as well
But now when the time comes
I feel a lump in my throat

Uf gozal….
I just want to end by wishing good luck to all candidates in tomorrow's election.

No comments:

Post a Comment