Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rosh Hashanah-The Beginnings of a War

I hope everyone had a good Rosh Hashanah.

Wednesday night I went with my family to my Aunt Lisa's house. Stuck in traffic we called my Aunt's house to let her know we would be late, to our shock my Aunt Renee answered the phone. This was impossible to fathom, Aunt Renee has been known to show up to places upwards of six hours late. We frequently take bets on when my Aunt Renee and Uncle Scott will show up. Well it turned out Aunt Lisa told them to show up an hour earlier than everyone else, and for once they were actually on time.

 As usual we ate in her dinning room which is downstairs(her kitchen is upstairs). Oh and by the way Aunt Renee is very opinionated. Someone at the table starts with politics, setting off what probably could have been confused with World War III. By the time we were through gefiltah fish  and soup everyone who wasn't fighting had started to take refuge upstairs in the kitchen in between courses. The fight was getting louder and louder.

 In the kitchen my Aunt Lisa turned to my brother Max and said "What is going on down there?"

Max replied "We all try not to say anything but Aunt Renee will say something so incorrect that my father just has to correct it."

This encounter pretty much some sup all family event I go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment